Skip to main content

The Saga Continues.....


9-24-05 9:00am So we wake up half dead, and Check out. We grab a cab with another wonderful cab driver. He was great! They are so nice. We get back to the air port and pick up the car. I was almost positive that giving the state of things that we would be sure to be with out a car. But every thing was there and ready to go! It was so easy. The people were very nice and very helpful. We stopped and grabbed some more euros, and headed out to the shuttle, then we were wasked away to the middle of BFE to pick up the car.
10:45 am Ok got the car(later to be named "the little 4 banger of furry") Ok we are pulling out of the parking lot , HOLY SHIT I'M GONNA DIE! Ok lets just get to the main road, Where the hell is it. Ok M50 is there, ok we are on the M50 Pay the toll, Now, on to the N7 Which will turn on to the M7 This is a nice Road for Ireland.I dont remember them being this nice!
12:00pm Still Driving lalalalalalalala Found a radio station that is only in Irish. Try to figure out what they are saying! The Whole way down we are talking about what all we were doing to preparations for the wedding just one year prior.
4:00pm We arrive in Union Hall It is cold and rainy and we are tired. I go to the pay phone to call Mary to tell her we are in town so that she can let us in to the cottage. Of course true to form with the rest of the trip she is not answering the phone. Again the Princess is not happy. I am just to the point of freaking out here. So. If you look at the picture on the left we go in to the pink pub on the left. Called Dinty's. In there we find a bartender, and an old fisherman drinking of all things, a Budweiser. So Nick has a Murphy's and I have a Bulmers which by the way I LOVE! It is so much better then the other ciders out there. We sit there talk to the Irishman drink our beers and watch Manc. United get beat on telly.
5:30pm Mary comes through the door of Dinty's and we go up to the cottage. Now in true Murphy's law fashion (it can always get worse) she takes off like a bat out of hell, in the pouring rain and we lose her but alas we catch up. and we get to the cottage. It's a little odd to be back but nice to be off the roads and out of the rain.
Mary and I catch up and she tells us that we didn't have to wait for her that we could have just come on up. Figures. She was on call for hospice and was with a lady and that is why she was not able to come and get us at that min. Ok good enough.
6:00pm I walk around every thing looks the same as it did before, I pick up the visitors book, and there on the second page is moms hand writing from the first time I was there with mom and dadin 2000. I broke down and if nick hadn't caught me I would have collapsed.
6:30pm Too tired to move. Nick and I fall asleep on couch. Wake up abut 9-9:30. Pitch Black outside Nothing is around.
9:30pm Flip through channels, wow British/Irish TV is awful! Nick and I go to bed around 1:30-2:00am (9:oopm EST)
9-25-05 4:00am Still up I am really freaked out by the place and thinking about mom. I hear every little noise. About 5:00am Finally get to sleep.

Ok I'm sick of typing more later.


You Are Somewhat Machiavellian

You're not going to mow over everyone to get ahead...
But you're also powerful enough to make things happen for yourself.
You understand how the world works, even when it's an ugly place.
You just don't get ugly yourself - unless you have to!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

yup, I'm a slacker!

I have to tell you this teething stuff is FOR THE BIRDS!!! I have been so tired lately that I can not even see straight let alone blog. So while the urchin is asleep let me fill you in. One tooth has broken the surface while the rest continue to torment my child. The home improvement project is still in full effect! Hopefully we will be able to get the drywall up this weekend and paint next weekend. Connor won his division in the Star Kids competition I am so proud of my handsome Baby!!! Also we finally got a picture of Connor in the McClure crib. This crib has been passed down for ever in my husbands family I can not even tell you how many generations have slept in that bed. With that we also put in a quilt that nicks great - grandmother on his mom's side made so we have both sides of his family represented. Connor is back at The Little Gym for the fall semester and we have started at Gymboree for their Music class! Connor has really showed an interest in music so we hav

Target Tuesday #2

So for the weeks Target Tuesday, since I am in the summer mood I thought I would do the Calypso Edition! CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Linen Tote - Natural/Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® 3/4-Sleeved Sequined Tunic in Milan Aqua CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Sleeveless Dress with Beading in Khaki CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Tiered Maxi Skirt in Academy Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Printed Scarf With Coins - Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Ombre Floppy Hat - Brown CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Long Necklace With Elephant Pendant - Gold CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Drop Earrings With Wood Beads - Brown/Gold  Calypso Shell Flower Bobby Pins - Mother of Pearl White (2 Pack)  CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Tumbler Set of 6  CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Elephant Teapot - Blue 

Target Tuesday #1

Shoe Edition Women's Mossimo® Pearce Pumps - Camel Patent Women’s Miss Trish for Target® Seahorse Wedge Sandals - Tan Women’s Miss Trish for Target® Pineapple Flat Sandals - Natural Women's Anchor Rain Boots - Navy