Skip to main content

I'mm Baaack!!!!!!!

I'm home! I'm tired, I'm sore, I will probably never ever fly Northwest airlines again. I have tons of pictures and lots of memories and about on hour of video. Let's see We left on the 22nd and arrived on Dublin on the 23rd.
9-22-05 3:00pm The Plane out of Lexington was about 20 min. Late boarding and once it did we sat at the gate for about 30 minutes for no good reason. We pulled away from the gate and then sat on the runway for another 20 minutes while the pilot decided wether or not we needed more fuel. Finaly almost an hour later we take off.
5:00pm The Pilot has taken another route that did cut some time off of the trip so Nick and I take a run accross Detrot Airport. We think we can make it because the plane leaves at 5:25. Well no, they moved the time up and the plance was leaving at 5:15. We got to the gate at 5:15. The door had just closed the plane was still there and we could not get on. The Princess WAS NOT HAPPY. So They reroute us through Charles DeGale. (Oringaly we were suspoed to go through to Amsterdam.) So we eat some Dinner and look through the shops.
9:10pm The plane is susposed to be boarding and its not. HARUMPH!
9:30pm The plane boards. Looks only half full. Ok This works for me it will be quiet and I can sleep.
10:10pm We are still at the gate. Another passenger asks a flight attendant wha
t is going on she says we are waiting on 50 more people from connecting flights. Are you kidding! Now you can wait?
10:30pm Pilot comes on and says that the weater is to bad and no one is allowed to land or take off. ok. I'll buy that there are huge lighting strikes outside the plane. that is fine with me. We can sit here at long as need be!
11:15pm We Finaly take off! Ok on my way to Paris. (oh goody)

9-23-05 12:00pm Welcome to Paris. I kept seeingChevy Chase in my head all through this trip. We get to Paris and by the time we ride the bus all over from terminal to terminal we have missed to plane to Dublin. Surprise, surprise, surprise. so we go the the counter and we get tickets for the next plane wich is in another 3 hours. So we have to go through security again. they scan my bag and the snoty frog tells me that my necklace is dangerous because it has a point on it. I'm really glad I kepy my cool. I about lost it at that point. WE go through security and we go a sit in the dirtiest part of the airport with the nastiest bathrooms in creation! So while we are sitting here we call Jury's Christ Church in Dublin because now we will not be getting in untill 5 or 6 so we wanted to let them know to not give away our room. Nick calls and they can not find our reservation. I'm really about to crack. THANK GOD we had our online print out with the conformation and all that on it. They told us just to bring that and they would get us in.
3:25pm Board the plane for Dublin. This one actualy went off with out much of a hitch I am shocked! we got on the bus, we got on the plane we left and we landed. WHO HOO!
4:45pm Land and go through immigration. Not a big deal hi heres my passport and here I go. wow that was easy!
5:45pm Euros: Check Luggage: Check Sanity: not so much We got a Cab and an extreamly NICE driver and finaly got to the hotel.
6:15pm Ok at the Hotel trying to check in. Hotel staff is very nice. We get and room and about crash right then and there.
8:00pm Decide that we are to tired to go out so we eat in the hotel pub. Not Bad, Not Great. But hey it served it's purpose. we ate and then we slept. and now so shall I. I will be back with another instalment and pictures tomorrow! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

yup, I'm a slacker!

I have to tell you this teething stuff is FOR THE BIRDS!!! I have been so tired lately that I can not even see straight let alone blog. So while the urchin is asleep let me fill you in. One tooth has broken the surface while the rest continue to torment my child. The home improvement project is still in full effect! Hopefully we will be able to get the drywall up this weekend and paint next weekend. Connor won his division in the Star Kids competition I am so proud of my handsome Baby!!! Also we finally got a picture of Connor in the McClure crib. This crib has been passed down for ever in my husbands family I can not even tell you how many generations have slept in that bed. With that we also put in a quilt that nicks great - grandmother on his mom's side made so we have both sides of his family represented. Connor is back at The Little Gym for the fall semester and we have started at Gymboree for their Music class! Connor has really showed an interest in music so we hav

Target Tuesday #2

So for the weeks Target Tuesday, since I am in the summer mood I thought I would do the Calypso Edition! CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Linen Tote - Natural/Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® 3/4-Sleeved Sequined Tunic in Milan Aqua CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Sleeveless Dress with Beading in Khaki CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Tiered Maxi Skirt in Academy Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Printed Scarf With Coins - Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Ombre Floppy Hat - Brown CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Long Necklace With Elephant Pendant - Gold CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Drop Earrings With Wood Beads - Brown/Gold  Calypso Shell Flower Bobby Pins - Mother of Pearl White (2 Pack)  CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Tumbler Set of 6  CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Elephant Teapot - Blue 

True Life: I'm a Mom Blogger!

I didn't intend on becoming a mom blogger but hey when you quit your job and become a SAHM what else could you be??? :) Here are some pics of my awesome kiddo! Here he is at 20 Weeks :) Me and kiddo just a few min after he was born! :) I however am a hot mess. Just before coming home. First day home. Me, Connor and Fitz asleep on the couch. In his UK blue snuggling with mom. One of my most favorite pictures First smile I got on camera Connor in his McLeod Tartan at around 4 months  About 2 weeks ago at almost 6 months! So yeah if you go through the posts since Feb. With the exception of my Target Tuesdays they are all about my baby boy so I guess I have infact become a mom blogger :)