Skip to main content

Welcome...The First Post... Background

Hey Kids...

One of my Favorite Cousin in laws (there are quite a few) suggested that I start this blog to chronicle my adventures in the unforgiving world of infertility.

So here goes...The Story of my life thus far.


Lets start at the beginning... I am born...

I was conceived in Myrtle Beach S.C. in April/May of 1980. My Mother was from far Eastern Kentucky and my Father was from a steel town in West Virginia. My Parents met at the University of Kentucky in 1972(?...Dad may need to correct year) and were married on December 14th, 1973 (again "I think"...) They lived and worked together in Lexington, Kentucky. After a 'few' years of marriage they decided it was time for a child and got preggers... Well that child was not to be and was miscarried. Well now we come to myrtle beach, I then decided to come in to being.

I was born on January 27th, 1981, at Central Baptist Hospital in Lexington, KY.


Now the middle... I grew up...


After a few evil nurses (namely Ginny Vickers *I think )they let my mother and I go home. It was there that I resided for the next 21 years of my life. I loved that house, it was a wonderful! It was a 3 bedroom 2 and 1/2 bath house in the SE end of Lexington. Very sub-burbified.

I would say that I had a happy spoiled child hood. I didn't really want for much. In fact the only thing that I can think of that I never got was a pair of roller blades, but that was only because I refused to to wear the helmet and pads (It wasn't cool).


The Present... Infertile Myrtle

Well while in high school at Lafayette, I met my husband. A wonderful man!

We were married on September 25th, 2004. We had a very stressful first year. I found out on Mothers day 2005 that my Mother was dying of Lung Cancer (yes she smoked, like a chimney). This was literally the END of my child hood. Actually it was the death of part of my soul. My mother was my rock, my best friend. That killed me inside for long time. I went in to a deep ugly depression for about a year and a half.


Well...On April 20th, 2006 (DH's Birthday) we decided to start a family. And low and behold 11 days later, I got a positive pregnancy test. I was floored excited and scared! Well we go the the doctor 8 weeks later for the first ultra sound and guess what NOTHING was there. The doc said it was a chemical pregnancy.


Well I was on a mission...I was gonna get pregnant if it killed me! So here we are almost exactly 2 years later and no frickin baby.


If you have made it this far I applaud you! I plan to chronicle every day from this point on. So please stay tuned.

Thanks so much for stopping by :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

yup, I'm a slacker!

I have to tell you this teething stuff is FOR THE BIRDS!!! I have been so tired lately that I can not even see straight let alone blog. So while the urchin is asleep let me fill you in. One tooth has broken the surface while the rest continue to torment my child. The home improvement project is still in full effect! Hopefully we will be able to get the drywall up this weekend and paint next weekend. Connor won his division in the Star Kids competition I am so proud of my handsome Baby!!! Also we finally got a picture of Connor in the McClure crib. This crib has been passed down for ever in my husbands family I can not even tell you how many generations have slept in that bed. With that we also put in a quilt that nicks great - grandmother on his mom's side made so we have both sides of his family represented. Connor is back at The Little Gym for the fall semester and we have started at Gymboree for their Music class! Connor has really showed an interest in music so we hav

Target Tuesday #2

So for the weeks Target Tuesday, since I am in the summer mood I thought I would do the Calypso Edition! CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Linen Tote - Natural/Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® 3/4-Sleeved Sequined Tunic in Milan Aqua CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Sleeveless Dress with Beading in Khaki CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Tiered Maxi Skirt in Academy Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Printed Scarf With Coins - Blue CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Ombre Floppy Hat - Brown CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Long Necklace With Elephant Pendant - Gold CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Drop Earrings With Wood Beads - Brown/Gold  Calypso Shell Flower Bobby Pins - Mother of Pearl White (2 Pack)  CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Tumbler Set of 6  CALYPSO St. Barth for Target® Elephant Teapot - Blue 

True Life: I'm a Mom Blogger!

I didn't intend on becoming a mom blogger but hey when you quit your job and become a SAHM what else could you be??? :) Here are some pics of my awesome kiddo! Here he is at 20 Weeks :) Me and kiddo just a few min after he was born! :) I however am a hot mess. Just before coming home. First day home. Me, Connor and Fitz asleep on the couch. In his UK blue snuggling with mom. One of my most favorite pictures First smile I got on camera Connor in his McLeod Tartan at around 4 months  About 2 weeks ago at almost 6 months! So yeah if you go through the posts since Feb. With the exception of my Target Tuesdays they are all about my baby boy so I guess I have infact become a mom blogger :)