Skip to main content

Politicos and Wed Wedding Wesses O My!

So since I have been quite for so long I have much to write about on my TRIUMPHANT return to my bloging!

I had a new experience this morning, I went to my first political house party. I actually rather enjoyed myself, It was for Steve Kays who is running for council at large. I met Mr. Kays today and he was a very nice man and one who will defiantly get my vote!
If you live in the area he should get yours too! I was in the midst of some of the most powerful people in Lexington this morning and to be honest I was a little intimidated. I hope to attend to more events like this in the future!

Also since my last blog entry Nick and I have traveled to Kansas City MO. and KS. for Shannon's Wedding. It was our first time photographing a catholic wedding but it was beautiful! She was stunning! The drive was not. That has got to be the worst drive ever put on this earth. Flat land that spreads out forever in the winter. No color, no life, no nothing. All I could think of was dear God this is what happed AFTER children of the corn! They had a New years wedding with bagpipers and a druid cape. And she kept the cape on until she got all the way down the isle and then took it off like one would a veil to reveal a RED wedding dress. Not many mind you could pull this off. But it worked! And she looked beautiful! The reception went on until midnight, we all watched the ball drop and then nick and I went back to the hotel room for some sleep and and drove home the next day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

True Life: I'm a Mom Blogger!

I didn't intend on becoming a mom blogger but hey when you quit your job and become a SAHM what else could you be??? :) Here are some pics of my awesome kiddo! Here he is at 20 Weeks :) Me and kiddo just a few min after he was born! :) I however am a hot mess. Just before coming home. First day home. Me, Connor and Fitz asleep on the couch. In his UK blue snuggling with mom. One of my most favorite pictures First smile I got on camera Connor in his McLeod Tartan at around 4 months  About 2 weeks ago at almost 6 months! So yeah if you go through the posts since Feb. With the exception of my Target Tuesdays they are all about my baby boy so I guess I have infact become a mom blogger :) 

January Photo Collage

Following simple as that's example. I have finished my first January Collage! from top left  Connor's first New Year A sea Dragon at the Georgia Aquarium Fitz Connor at the Atlanta Zoo Connor and Nick at the Atlanta Zoo Connor with rice all over his face and in his first big boy bath The lexington Irish Dancers at the Rose of Tralee Ceili.

Reflections

well its Friday the 1st of July and I think now would be as good of a time as any to reflect on the last 6 months. January: Well 30 was different from every other birthday so far :) As seems to be the status with my friends we all hit 30 and end up in the hospital! The day after my 30th I ended up in the hospital with Pre-eclampisa and was put on bed rest until the kiddo arrived. February: Mr. Connor Arrives at 11:32 PM on Sunday Feb. 13! 28 min short of Valentines day. Yes this is a good thing! I did not want a valentines baby and the wonderful doctors and nurses knew that so when it became obvious that a C-Section was needed that wheeled me in there so that the kiddo would be born before Valentines day! Got to love that!!! The rest of the month was a blur of baby and no sleep and honestly I cant tell you another thing that happened :) March: UK did great in the SEC and NCAA finals I remember them being on and watching them and cheering but I cant tell you much more than that. ...